Skip to main content

I see the sea or does she see me?



I whispered to myseIf, "I seem to be seeing the sea!”
Very few things were as exhilarating as a cup of coffee. 

Hard to believe that I was on a real sandy beach, 
Something that had always been out of my reach. 

Lashing waves were a melody in my meditation music,
They said its therapeutic value could cure the sick. 

But I know now what it means to witness the sight, 
Of fast-paced breaking waves forming foam so bright. 

Cool breezy wind whizzing past each strand of hair, 
Releasing all the doubts I had accumulated with care. 


Remembering all thoughts that once shuddered me, 
All those locks for which I hadn’t found a key. 

Just this moment, I turned around facing the wide shore,
Flowing away with the waves like a pebble with a lot in store. 

No matter how life throws trials and tribulations weighing us down,
No one can dampen the pleasure of waves bowing to cool you down. 
Let the sea set you free...

The sea has inspired and humbled many a renowned legends,
Even aided juveniles and delinquents to make serious amends. 

How can I forget the mermaid that awakened my streak of imagination, 
How can I ignore James Cameron’s daring mission: ocean exploration. 

His journey to the bottom of the deepest trench in the world,
At a depth of more than the inverted mighty Mount Everest, girl! 

These complex brain swirls almost stopped with the next swash, 
Excitedly, I jumped on an incoming wave with a loud splash. 

Let the high and higher waves bring on bigger challenges,
I can be like the sand that only glistens more as the wave rages. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An exam, after all!

It is an exam, she had been told! Some meticulous planning, scheduling and studying Nothing she hadn't aced before School and college work had been rewarding It is yet another exam, after all! Like always, there shall be no stone unturned Read and write for long stretches Stretches and walks in short breaks Selective study as per the marks it fetches Just an exam, after all! More sweat in training meant less blood in battle Day and night wasn't as per the position of sun anymore Portions of syllabus covered decided its end Notes and questions more important than any chore Exam wont wait for her, it wont! This was the time to make things happen Revise and re-revise till facts form a chain A lot was left to summarise and memorise Till each detail has a GPS pin in the brain Exam was coming close, it was! Questions became black holes with no limits to depth Oh wait, not just the recollection and memory She also had to brush her writing skills How is today's politics affected

Jo, you there?

Jo sat down on her table, the one beside the window. She could see her mother nourish the plants in the garden with water, just the way she had nurtured her daughters to be the women they are now. Grateful for the blessings, she turned to pen the thoughts welling up in her mind. Today, it was about ‘LOVE’ to her 50 year old self. ------ Dear oldie Jo, Hope you have your perfectly brewed coffee by your side! Love to you was an unknown notion-something that wasn’t much heard of during dinner table conversations or talked about in school or college. Like the rest, you did hear your pals and peers talk about it and experience it based on their instinct. While you understood the mindspace they came from, you didn’t feel the need to experiment. In the early years of adulthood, love seemed too superfluous to you. And in some proportions, you considered it as a distraction that would take you away from yourself and your family. Without judging others, you still felt very sure

A girl like you

A frantic nudge on the back was enough to wake me up and disturb my deep peaceful slumber time. Before I realised, it was my sister who had seen a bad dream and wanted me to help her go back to sleep. I hugged her closer to myself and mumbled to her that tomorrow morning will be better than today. Within a few minutes, she was asleep on my arm and I kept looking at her 10-year old face for a long time. I wished, then, that she always remain this close to me as she was at that moment. Till now, my wish has unfolded into an eventful journey.  If I was gentle and all nice, she was all about sass, jazz and spice; If I was reserved and introverted, she was social and ‘Noddy’–incarnated;  If I liked uni-colour cloth patches, she carried shiny dresses with unmatched panache; If I found peace in nature and solitude, she preferred blaring music and lots of DJ dance; If I savoured plain idli and chutney, she gormandized on mysore masala dosa and spicy sambar. The two of us have